The Purple Property Shop privacy notice provides information on how The Purple Property Shop collect, use, secure, transfer and share your information.
The Purple Property Shop is a sales, lettings and property management Estate Agent based in Bolton in the UK.
The Purple Property Shop has its head office at: 482 Blackburn Road, Bolton BL1 8PE
Company Number: 7293377 registered in England.
The company provides a service to buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants.
- Types of Information Collected
|First Name||Proof of Deposit|
|Surname||Self Employed Accounts|
|Previous Name||Employer’s Name|
|Date of Birth||Employer’s Address|
|Present Address||Existing Insurance Details|
|Previous Addresses||Email Address/es|
|Bank Details||Phone Numbers|
|Landlord Details||Solicitor Details|
|Nationality||Estate Agent Details|
|NI Number||Criminal Offences / Convictions|
|Marital Status||IP Address|
|How many dependants||Cookies|
|Primary ID *||Salary|
|Address ID *||Accountant Details|
|Bank Statements||Previous Employers Details|
|Credit Card Statements|
* copies of
- 2. Method of Collection
In the general conduct of business, The Purple Property Shop collects information relevant to the services being sought across the range of services it offers (listed previously) from:
- Spouse / partner / family member
- Trusted sources including:
- Government / Land / Police Registers
- Credit / Default Agencies
- Financial Institutes (Banks, Building Societies)
- Law Firms
- Through consent to third parties disclosing information about you to us that they have collected.
Such information will generally be collected directly via the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, in our branches or through a telephone conversation with you. We may also collect personal information through third parties such as property portals, for example Rightmove or Zoopla.
In addition, you may choose to submit information directly to us via several methods, including: through The Purple Property Shop website or in response to marketing or other communication such as social media.
We collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies (see below) when you interact with our advertisements, mobile applications, or visit our website pages or other digital assets. The information we collect in this manner may include: IP address, browser type and version, geographical location, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps.
“Your Rights and Choices” section of this Privacy Notice specifies your ability to opt out or limit the usage of the information collected.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
4. Purposes of collection
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
- Undertaking transactions carried out between you and us relating to you as a seller, buyer, landlord or tenant and in assessing applications for The Purple Property Shop products and services.
- Conducting business, developing relationships with The Purple Property Shop.
- Process payments and transactions including Accounting, Authorisation, Auditing, Billing, Reconciliation, Collection, Complaints, Enquiries, Credit Checks and related dispute resolution activities.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering (please see separate policy), tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes.
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about The Purple Property Shop products, services and offers.
- Operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services, websites, mobile applications, other digital assets and business for:
- Developing new products and services.
- Managing communications, assess effectiveness and optimisation of advertising.
- Functionality of our websites, mobile applications and other digital assets.
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment opportunities.
- Enforce legal rights as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over The Purple Property Shop.
- Comply with industry standards and The Purple Property Shop policies.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
5. The Lawful Basis of Processing Information
The Purple Property Shop processes your information under the following:
- Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with The Purple Property Shop and we need to process your information as part of this contract.
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed by The Purple Property Shop as part of its legitimate interests which include: fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, managing opting out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, updating customer details, lettings, sales, financial services and other core products and service provided by us.
- Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek you clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data.
6. Information we share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
- Solicitors, surveyors, subcontractors and related parties during the process of a property sale.
- A purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we sell.
- Financial institutions for business facilitation to provide required services, such as mortgages etc.
- Formally contracted service providers to perform services on our behalf:
- Hosting Data Centres, Cloud Services
- Preparation of properties for sale or rent: EPC’s and Inventories companies
- Credit and reference agencies, Land Registry Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies
- Additionally, we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
- Perspective employers requesting references via your written consent.
We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf and authorise them to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
On websites, features can be accessed where we partner with other entities that are not affiliated with The Purple Property Shop. These include social networking, geo-location tools etc and are operated by third parties (indicated appropriately) who may use or share personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is recommended that you review the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
7. How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your personal information is very important to The Purple Property Shop. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use secure password and firewall protected servers and encrypted computers.
The Purple Property Shop stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
8. How Long Do We Keep Information For
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed above.
We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for seven years after last contact with you. However, The Purple Property Shop reserves the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of The Purple Property Shop.
9. Your rights and Choices
Your rights regarding the sensitive / personal information we maintain about you enable you to exercise choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
10. Access and Correction
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you.
- Receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as outlined below.
11. Update and Correct Inaccuracies in Your Personal Information
If you feel that the information we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate you can contact us outlining the information you feel is incorrect or inaccurate.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
12. Object to The Processing of Your Personal Information
If you would like to object to any processing of your information by The Purple Property Shop you can contact us outlining what processing of information you would like to object to.
13. Have The Information Blocked, Anonymised or Deleted
If you would like The Purple Property Shop to delete, block or anonymise information we hold about you, you can contact us outlining what information you would like deleted, blocked or anonymised.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request to access, update, correct or delete your personal information, please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by:
14. Opting Out of Processing
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by:
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or
- contacting The Purple Property Shop as indicated below.
15. Withdrawal of Consent
If we obtain your information by consent you have the right to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us.
If we process your information under legitimate interest you can object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information.
The Purple Property Shop will apply your preferences going forward. However, doing so will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain services and offers.
The right to consent removal may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements and you will be informed appropriately.
16. How to Contact Us / Complaints and Feedback
- Make a complaint about a breach of your personal information, applicable privacy laws / principles or a concern about The Purple Property Shop privacy practices.
- Would like access and/or update information or preferences you provided to us.
You may e-mail us at: email@example.com
Or write to us at:
Director of Sales and Lettings
482 Blackburn Road
To assist us in responding to your request, please give full details of the issue. We will attempt to review and respond to all complaints within a reasonable time.
If we cannot for lawful reasons complete your request we will explain this to you to the extent that we lawfully can.
17. Updating This Privacy Statement
We will update this statement from time to time so we suggest that you review this statement at regular intervals. Where we undergo substantial changes to our privacy statement we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes.
Updated April 2018